New York City, otherwise known as The Jungle, is home to many different species and creatives. You have your painters, architects, and fashion designers, but without the photographer you cannot capture the distorted reality, called life. This is the medium where Dannah Gottlieb thrives, while also creating her own sense of style and identity. Today we have the opportunity to share what goes on inside the mind of the talented artist.
1. What age do you feel like right now and why?
I feel like a wise, old man. Like 85.
2. Before you discovered your passion, what was life like?
Depressing and destructive. I needed art. It is like sitting and waiting for that empty space in you to get filled, rather than creating something to fill it.
3. What stands between you and complete happiness?
4. What has failure taught you?
That you need to fail a lot to get anywhere.
5. What is the difference between living and existing?
The difference between true happiness and hedonistic pleasure.
6. What makes you smile?
A really fucking good song.
7. What are you able to do today that you couldn’t do a year ago? What will you hope to be able to do this time next year?
More mediums...and more mediums :)
8. Has reading a book ever changed your life, which one and why?
I took a philosophy class and every book I read changed my life. Especially the buddhist bodhi stuff. It explains the certainty of death and the uncertainty of time and dares you to live.
9. What bad habits do you want to break?
Smoking too much, thinking too much.
10. Who’s life have you had the greatest impact on?
11. What have you given up on?
12. Who are you really, describe yourself without using name or any attributes given by society. Who are you?
13. How do your childhood dreams line up with your current reality?
The answer to the previous question :)
14. What gets you excited / driven to achieve goals.
Just kidding I just want to buy my mom a house.
15. What’s next for you ?
More print! I am going to work this year more than ever before.